German Wine Route: Bockenheim
Bockenheim was established from franconian estates about 500 AD, it was first documentary mentioned in 770 in the Lorsch Codex.
The steeple of the romanesque Church of St. Martin was built about 1100. It is a remnant of the former Emichs Castle of the Counts of Leiningen, which remaining's are now integrated into a winery.
The House of the German Wine Route that marks the end of the German Wine Route, the counterpart for the German Wine Gate in Schweigen - Rechtenbach, was built in 1995.
Vineyards of Bockenheim, Bockenheimer Weinlagen
- Grafenstueck, Grosslage; 558 ha
- Burggarten; 3,7 ha
- Goldgrube; 11 ha
- Hassmannsberg; 9,5 ha
- Heiligenkirche; 25 ha
- Klosterschaffnerei; 4,7 ha
- Schlossberg; 108 ha
- Sonnenberg; 145 ha
- Vogelsang; 116 ha