German Wine Route: Friedelsheim
Friedelsheim has 1500 inhabitants and an area of 4,2 km². It was first documentary mentioned in 770 as "Fridolfesheim".
The protestant church of St. Mary has a romanesque steeple from about 1250, the choir dates back to the 14th century and has remaining wall paintings from the 14th century; the nave was built in 1826.
The catholic church was built in 1812.
The former palace was destroyed in the peasants war in 1525 and was reconstructed as a prosperous "Maison de plaisance", a ceremonial and prestigious palace for Count Palatine Johann Casimir of Simmern, most probably the "Jaeger aus Kurpfalz", leading character of a famous german folk song.
Vineyards of Friedelsheim, Friedelsheimer Weinlagen
- Bischofsgarten; 89,6 ha
- Geruempel; 57,3 ha
- Kreuz; 42,2 ha
- Rosengarten; 33,5 ha
- Schlossgarten; 84,5 ha