German Wine Route: Diedesfeld
Diedesfeld has 2000 inhabitants and was first documentary mentioned in 1201 as "Dutinsfeld".
The catholic church St. Remigius is a baroque hall type building built from 1752 - 1754, containing furniture and altars from the construction time, the basements of the tower originates from romanesque times and was extended in late gothic architecture in 1511 and 1584.
The little Palace (Schloessel) is a former episcopal residence with a stair tower in renaissance style, modified in 1751.
Diedesfeld also contains numerous framework buildings, built from the 16th - 18th century.
Vineyards of Diedesfeld, Diedesfelder Weinlagen
- Pfaffengrund, Grosslage; 866 ha
- Rebstoeckel, Grosslage; 560 ha
- Berg; 175 ha
- Johanniskirchel ; 81,5 ha
- Oelgaessel; 59,3 ha
- Paradies; 100,8 ha