German Wine Route: Hainfeld
Hainfeld is a village with 750 inhabitants and an area of 6,2km² was first documentary mentioned in 781. In the 15th century the village belonged to the Diocese of Speyer, in the years 1621 and 1651 the village was largely destroyed in war. Hainfeld was occupied by the french in 1673, 1779 and 1793.
There are several historic buildings in Hainfeld, constructed in Renaissance, Baroque and Rococo style. The village landmark is the church with a tower that was reconstructed in 1886. The Roehren fountain was build in 1561.
Vineyards of Hainfeld, Hainfelder Weinlagen
- Kapelle; 126 ha
- Kirchenstueck; 27,5 ha
- Letten; 50,6 ha