German Wine Route: Schweigen-Rechtenbach
Schweigen has 650 inhabitants and was first documentary mentioned in 802 as "Suega". From 1680 to 1816 it belonged to France.
The protestant church has a wooden gallery from about 1750, the tower bears ripped vaulting's from the 14th century.
Rechtenbach has 300 inhabitants and was first documentary mentioned in 1379.
The protestant church and the cemetery wall are from the late middle ages, the nave was built from 1765 - 1772. The interior is from the construction time, the steeple was built in late gothic architecture in the middle of the 16th century.
The German Wine Gate that was built in 1936 on the border to France marks the beginning of the German Wine Route (or German Wine Road).
Vineyards of Schweigen - Rechtenbach, Schweigener und Rechtenacher Weinlagen
- Guttenberg, Grosslage; 915 ha